Lee Perry/ Various Artists

Pressure Sounds * PS76 * 2012

The Sound Doctor

The Sound Doctor

MP3s are 99p each and encoded at 320kbps.

Information

Killer 24 track Lee Perry Various artists selection. just when you thought you had everything that you needed by The Upsetter Pressure Sounds drop a heavyweight selection that is essential. The Sound Doctor will make it better.

Reviews

Lee Perry/ Various Artists — The Sound Doctor

DreadLion 77, May 16, 2014
What can I say?

Another Top Notch selection from Pressure Sounds.

I am currently bankrupting myself trying to collect Lee Perry Material from his Peak Years and this collection drops like a Nuclear Bomb!!

If you think you've heard it all your in for a treat. I've never heard 75%of the sons here and the other 25% are Dub and Alternate Versions.

Great Reggae Music but if your a fan of Lee Perrys brillance this is a must have!!

One last thing-Where are Pressure Sounds getting these amazing Tunes from?

Add a review
  • Jah Joe  - Dreadlocks songJah Joe Dreadlocks song

    Deep mystical Wackie's production from Jah Joe (aka Joe Axumite) in chanting deejay mode, one of the best 45's on Aires

    7"
    More info
  • The Mighty Abidjans - Don't Change the SystemThe Mighty AbidjansDon't Change the System

    Second cut on the rhythm first used for "Untamed", much much of a straight mix employed here, with a pure drum & bass dub version

    7"
    More info
  • The Fashioneers  - Give a helping handThe Fashioneers Give a helping hand

    Quality roots.

    7"
    More info
  • Elijah  - Selassi hiElijah Selassi hi

    The mysterious Elijah cut this mellow and heartfelt 2-part single for Sir Collins, then apparently disappeared from the recording scene. But the tune made quite a mark in New York, where it was released on the very rare Bronx-based WARICKA label, enough to have been covered a few years later by KC White (we also reissued his cut, still available, see here!) The tune is also remembered fondly as a New York sound system favorite in the 1970s by those active back then. It was also released on the Ackee label in the UK, memorable roots reggae for sure.

    7"
    More info
  • The Invaders - Story of LoveThe InvadersStory of Love

    Another Invaders 45, "Story of Love" backed with its deejay version, "Holy Mountain." Another tune only released on a blank label originally, and thus the identity of the artists has long been speculated, but the mastertape revealed the mysterious Invaders again! "Story of Love" is an excellent early '70s tune, with great harmonies and organ, the flipside "Holy Mountain" being a deejay version on the same rhythm, with the vocalist chatting thanks and praises in Amharic, roots indeed.

    7"
    More info
  • Delroy Wilson  - Give me your loveDelroy Wilson Give me your love

    The mighty Delroy Wilson, one of Jamaica's biggest artists. "Give Me Your Love" was released on a Delroy LP again on the WARICKA label, which was mostly sold as a blank label pre-release with no cover, although copies with labels and/or a silk-screened cover also exist. This is a phenomenal cut on the mournful and heavy 'Artibella' rhythm, with a killer organ sound that we just love. This tune is backed by a dub cut with horns and bongos, lifted from an extremely rare blank-label Sir Collins compilation LP.

    7"
    More info

More New Arrivals